Because the VOLUME Summer Program is aimed at teens interested in pursuing a career in a field related to services provided at the Hospital, the program will have a strong educational focus. Teens accepted into the program will have the opportunity to learn about nursing, medicine, special education, occupational therapy, physical therapy, music therapy, speech-language pathology, child life, counseling, social work, recreation therapy, and hospital administration. Teens also will have the opportunity to work directly with patients in the special education classrooms and at bedside.
The VOLUME Summer Program will occur on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., beginning June 6 and ending July 20. Attendance is expected and no more than three absences will be allowed. Attendance on June 6 is mandatory. VOLUME will not be held on July 4. All sessions will be held at The Children’s Center Rehabilitation Hospital.
Space for the VOLUME Summer Program is limited.
- Applicants must be enrolled in 9th-12th grade during the 2016-17 school year, and:
- Commit to attending all sessions from June 6 through July 20. No more than three absences will be allowed. Attendance at the first session (June 6) is mandatory. VOLUME will not be held on July 4.
- Complete and submit the application packet by March 24, 2017, including:
- Application Form
- Personal Recommendation Form
- Confidential School Recommendation
- Parent/Guardian Consent Form
- Immunization records
Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered. No exceptions.
- Teens accepted into the program must provide documentation for required immunizations and must have an updated TB test in order to participate.
- Teens who participated in VOLUME in previous years are not eligible to apply for future programs.
High school students who have successfully completed the VOLUME Summer Program are eligible to serve on the VOLUME Teen Leadership Board. Designed to further connect members to the mission, vision and purpose of The Children’s Center Rehabilitation Hospital, board members identify and meet the needs of patients through service projects and group activities. Meetings are held once per month, from September through April.
For more information, please contact Amy Coldren, Volunteer Coordinator, at (405) 470.2284 or firstname.lastname@example.org.