After six years of “Imagining the Miracles” that will be achieved in our new four-story, 100,000-square-foot Patient Bed Tower, we are nearing the day when this beautiful new addition will open. Construction will wrap up this summer and plans are underway for a September 26th dedication. We estimate that an additional 33% more patients and their families will be served on an inpatient basis and 50% more on an outpatient basis. We have been blessed with an exceptional general contractor, Lippert Bros., Inc. and many wonderful subcontractors. At any given time between 50 and 150 construction crew staff are on campus. Here’s what they are working on now:
Inside the Patient Bed Tower
- Flooring and ceiling tiles are being installed.
- Millwork is being installed as well as plumbing fixtures, doors and hardware.
- Certification and inspection of the medical gases and elevators is being conducted.
- Final city and state inspections are being conducted.
- Security cameras and various signage are being installed.
- Exterior lighting
- Security cameras
- Ornamental fencing
- Irrigation and landscaping
We are thrilled to offer covered parking to our patients, their families, and our employees! Like the Patient Bed Tower, our new parking structure will be finished this summer. It has 4½ floors and will accommodate 300 vehicles. The entire first floor will be reserved for patients and their families, and all spaces on the first floor will be wheelchair accessible. Here is what we are working on now:
- Bricking the north stairs
- Sealing the decks
- Door and hardware installation
- Elevator installation and inspection
- Security camera installation
- City inspections