- The Children’s Center Rehabilitation Hospital’s 9-week paid Nurse Extern Program is a unique hands-on experience for nursing students going into their senior year of nursing school. The program provides a variety of experiences within pediatric rehabilitation including Complex Care, Transitional Care, and the Pediatric Medical Rehabilitation Unit under the direction of an experienced RN. You will:
- Perform basic patient care and work with an experienced RN who will provide training and mentorship throughout the program.
- Have the opportunity to hone in on an area of focus (Complex Care, Transitional Care, and PMRU)
- The potential to explore different aspects of pediatric nursing from the perspective of Case Managers, Nurse Practitioners, Clinic Nurses, Nurse Facilitators and Nursing Leadership.
- Plan and provide a presentation to your cohort and other healthcare team members on a diagnosis or problem facing nurses today.
Nurse Extern Requirements
- In between Junior and Senior year or graduating in December 2021 or May 2022.
- A letter of recommendation signed by a faculty member from the program in which you are enrolled, a current school transcript, and a skills check-off list must be turned in upon hire.
- Able to work full time hours beginning June 1, 2021 through August 7, 2021 with a week off starting July 4th.
- Application deadline: April 19, 2021
Contact Jessica Gore, RN at (405) 470-2250 or email@example.com for more information.