Fun with Friends is designed to bring children with similar abilities together to build strength and coordination, improve self-esteem, establish friendships, and enhance life experiences. It is a voluntary activity intended to provide patients of The Children’s Center Rehabilitation Hospital the opportunity to participate in group activities that encourage developmentally appropriate communication and socialization, teamwork, turn taking, fine and gross motor development, sensory exploration, and body awareness.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- When: Tuesdays from 4:45-5:30 pm
- Location: The Children’s Center Rehabilitation Hospital – Entrance 1
- Sign In: At the 1st floor receptionist desk
SENSORY PLAY: March 10 – April 14
In sensory play group, children will explore in a way that stimulates the senses in order to develop the skills to process and interpret the world around them. Sensory play assists with learning, language and motor development, and social skills.
CREATIVE MOVEMENT: May 5 – June 9
In creative movement group, children will participate in physical activities that promote body awareness, encourage creative expression, build self-confidence and provide opportunities for social interaction.
ART: June 30 – August 4
In art group, children will have the opportunity to demonstrate creative expression while working with a variety of mediums to build fine motor and problem solving skills, enhance communication, provide sensory exploration, and promote self-esteem.
TUMBLING: August 25- September 29
In tumbling group, children will participate in physical activities designed to facilitate sensory integration, improve strength and coordination, promote skill acquisition, build self-confidence, and increase body awareness.
MUSIC: October 20 – November 24
In music group, children will experience a variety of sounds and learn how sounds are produced, engage in creative expression and language play, express feelings and ideas, and develop social skills by playing musical instruments, speaking and singing.
Applications and Fees
- Applications are due no later than one week prior to the start of the class in which you are interested.
- Turn in applications to the 2nd floor clinic receptionist (located in the 4 story patient bed tower off of Beaver Street)
- Proof of up-to-date immunizations and flu shot due with application.
- A Fun with Friends staff member will contact you regarding acceptance status for each class.
- After acceptance, a one-time fee of $10 for each 6-week session is due no later than the first day of class. Turn in cash or check to the 2nd floor receptionist or class leader.
- Childcare provided for siblings during group time
For more information, please contact Outpatient Services at 405-470-2242.