Dear Clinic parents/guardians,
As a standard of The Children’s Center Rehabilitation Hospital, we take great care in offering the safest environment for our patient population. Together with the Hospital, Outpatient Services is evaluating the COVID-19 situation and all available information daily. All of the following precautions and plans are current but will evolve daily as we adapt to the most current information. Moving forward:
- We will be moving well visits requiring vaccinations, newborn/infant, and any essential complex care well visits to the mornings and all sick visits to the afternoons. You may be receiving a phone call from our staff to offer this reschedule option, beginning March 18. *Please note it is very important to maintain a high rate of immunization to other illnesses that could affect your child, we have resolved nothing if one disease diverts us from protecting from others.
- We are asking you to limit the number of family/caregivers who accompany you to appointments. If at all possible, leave siblings at home, and only bring one parent.
- If you would like to wait in your car until it is time for you to be placed in a treatment room, please notify the front desk that you have arrived by calling 405-440-9866, they will call you back when the provider is ready to see you for your appointment.
- When calling to make an appointment: If you have a history of travel within the past 2 weeks, or any contact with a COVID-19 + person AND your child has cough and fever >101° F, please advise the person answering the phone. Your provider or nurse will call you back and determine if testing is indicated and how to go about making that happen.
- If a sick visit has been scheduled and your child has fever >101°F, along with respiratory symptoms such as cough and runny nose, you and your child will be given a mask at the receptionist desk in the tower lobby to limit potential spread to others, after checking in at the front desk you will be taken directly to a treatment room.
- Please be aware that many of our non-emergent appointment types will be canceled and rescheduled to a later date. At this time those appointments include swallow studies, non-urgent Botox, Dexascans, ADHD followups, typical well visits that do not include vaccinations, Pamidronate, and weight checks.
We are grateful for your support as we navigate this situation, we will be checking in on families to make sure they have the equipment and necessities they need to be successful through this time.